Birth of a law
What are the specifics of the urgent procedure?
The National Assembly decides on every proposal for placing acts under urgent procedure on the agenda during the determination of the agenda. If the proposal is accepted, the bill shall be included in the agenda for the session, if it is not accepted, the bill remains in assembly procedure and is reviewed by regular procedure.
Bills which regulate defence and security issues may be placed on the agenda of a session of the National Assembly even if submitted on the date the sitting is held, two hours before the scheduled beginning of the sitting, and where the proposer is the Government, a bill may be placed on the agenda even if submitted during the sitting of the National Assembly, provided the sitting is being attended by a majority of all MPs..
An amendment to a bill that is discussed by urgent procedure can be submitted until the beginning of the discussion in principle on the bill, at the latest.
Choose a quetsion from the Birth of a law
- What is a law?
- Why are laws adopted?
- Which acts regulate the birth of a law?
- Who can propose a law?
- What is a draft law?
- What does a bill look like?
- What are the mandatory elements of the rationale of a bill?
- What are the optional elements of the rationale of a bill?
- To whom is a bill submitted?
- What happens if a bill is not prepared in accordance with the Rules of Procedure?
- When is a bill included in the agenda of National Assmbly session?
- Which National Assembly committees review a bill?
- What is a public hearing?
- What is an amendment?
- Why is an amendment submitted?
- What is a discussion in principle?
- What is a discussion in detail?
- Does the proposer have the right to withdraw a bill from procedure?
- What is the Voting Day?
- How many does the National Assembly make decisions?
- What is urgent procedure?
- What are the specifics of the urgent procedure?
- How is a law promulgated?
- Can the President of the Republic refuse to promulgate a law?
- Who promulgates the law if the President of the Republic neither issues a decree on promulgation nor demands a second vote on the law?
- Is the adopted law published?
- When does a law come into effect?
- Can a law be implemented retroactively?
- Who executes the laws?
- What happens if it is suspected that a law does not comply with the Constitution?
- What happens if the Constitutional Court finds that a law does not comply with the Constitution?
- When does the effect of a law cease?
12.00 - the National Assembly Speaker meets with the Chinese Ambassador to Serbia (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Salon of Prince Pavle)