Secretary General and Deputy Secretaries General
Srdjan Smiljanic, Bachelor of Laws
Contact telephone: 011/3026-163; 3026-243
The Secretary General of the National Assembly is appointed by the National Assembly, acting on the proposal of the Speaker of the National Assembly.
The Secretary General assists the National Assembly Speaker and Deputy Speakers in preparing the sittings, sees to the implementation of decisions and conclusions of the National Assembly, manages the National Assembly Support Service and performs other duties stipulated by the law and the Rules of Procedure.
The Secretary General is accountable for his/her work to the National Assembly and the National Assembly Speaker.The term of office of the Secretary General is terminated on the day of the appointment of a Secretary General of a new the National Assembly convocation, by resignation or dismissal.
Secretary General of the National Assembly
Date of Birth
16 May 1979
Place of residence
Bachelor of Laws
- Graduated from the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade in 2005;
- MBA – Master of Business and Administration 2012/2013, Carlos III state university, Madrid, Spain – financial and business economy, international business, strategic and operational management, human resource management and marketing strategy, market analysis and supplier management, management accounting, by recommendation of professor from the Faculty of Law of the University of Belgrade and employer;
- Finished elementary and grammar school in Belgrade.
- National Assembly Secretary General March 2019 - October 2020;
- Secretary of the Republic Electoral Commission since November 2015;
- Deputy Secretary General of the National Assembly May 2014 – March 2019;
- Member of the Republic Electoral Commission May 2014 – November 2015;
- Member of the City Electoral Commission since December 2017;
- National Project Director – UNDP Project “Strengthening the Oversight Role and Transparency of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia” May 2014 – September 2015;
- Employed by Raiffeisen Bank a.d. Belgrade until May 2014 at the legal affairs sector – Department of legal affairs concerning the economy as senior associate for legal affairs concerning the economy - drafting contracts and decisions of the Bank from the scope of transactions with the economy, providing legal opinion relating to direct application of regulations, application of acts in courts and other authorities, as well as representing the Bank before courts and other authorities;
- November 2005 – August 2011 employed as legal advisor at Point Group on financial and legal consulting, capital increase consulting and trade in securities, takeover of shareholders’ capital, sale of shares and buyout of claims;
- September 1998 – January 2003 worked at Mobtel Serbia (Telenor Serbia) in the legal sector and in BK Telecom from March 1997 to June 1998 on telecommunication/market research tasks.
- English and Spanish
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Passed the professional state civil service exam.