Birth of a law
What is a discussion in detail?
Having completed the discussion in principle of all the bills that are on the agenda, the National Assembly will move to a discussion in detail on the bills. A discussion in detail is a discussion about each individual potentially amended article of a bill, and about amendments that propose the inclusion of new provisions. A bill is similarly discussed in detail at the session of the competent committee.
A minimum of twenty four hours must pass between the completion of the discussion in principle and the opening of a discussion in detail on the bill. In this period, only the competent committee may submit an amendment to the bill.
Choose a quetsion from the Birth of a law
- What is a law?
- Why are laws adopted?
- Which acts regulate the birth of a law?
- Who can propose a law?
- What is a draft law?
- What does a bill look like?
- What are the mandatory elements of the rationale of a bill?
- What are the optional elements of the rationale of a bill?
- To whom is a bill submitted?
- What happens if a bill is not prepared in accordance with the Rules of Procedure?
- When is a bill included in the agenda of National Assmbly session?
- Which National Assembly committees review a bill?
- What is a public hearing?
- What is an amendment?
- Why is an amendment submitted?
- What is a discussion in principle?
- What is a discussion in detail?
- Does the proposer have the right to withdraw a bill from procedure?
- What is the Voting Day?
- How many does the National Assembly make decisions?
- What is urgent procedure?
- What are the specifics of the urgent procedure?
- How is a law promulgated?
- Can the President of the Republic refuse to promulgate a law?
- Who promulgates the law if the President of the Republic neither issues a decree on promulgation nor demands a second vote on the law?
- Is the adopted law published?
- When does a law come into effect?
- Can a law be implemented retroactively?
- Who executes the laws?
- What happens if it is suspected that a law does not comply with the Constitution?
- What happens if the Constitutional Court finds that a law does not comply with the Constitution?
- When does the effect of a law cease?
9.45 - sitting of the Committee on Constitutional and Legislative Issues (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 3)
10.15 - the Chairman of the European Integration Committee meets with French MP (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 2)
11.05 - the Chairperson and members of the Committee on Human and Minority Rights and Gender Equality meets with French MP (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 2)