Delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization of the Collective Security Treaty
The Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization of the Collective Security Treaty (PA OCST) was established as the parliamentary dimension of the OCST, at the initiative of the parliament speakers of the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States - OCST members, at their session on 16 November 2006.
The OCST Parliamentary Assembly discusses issues of cooperation of the Organization of the Collective Security Treaty member states in international, military-political, legal and other spheres; elaborates corresponding recommendations that are submitted to the OCST Council, other OCST bodies, and national parliaments. In addition, the PA OCST adopts pattern (model) legislative acts aimed at regulating legal relations in the sphere of the OCST competence as well as recommendations on rapprochement of legislation of the OCST member nations and its putting in conformity with provisions of international treaties concluded by these states in the OCST frameworks and discusses other issues important for the member states’ interparliamentary cooperation.
The PA OCST has three permanent commissions: Commission on Defence and Security Issues, Commission on Political Issues and International Cooperation and Commission on Social-Economic and Legal Issues.
It usually holds two plenary sessions a year.
Parliamentary delegations of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Russian Federation and Tajikistan are full members of the PA OCST.
The National Assembly established a standing delegation to take part in the organization’s work.
- The standing delegation of the National Assembly of the Republic of Serbia took part in the session of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO PA), on 25 and 26 November 2015, in Saint Petersburg. The delegation, with the status of observer, comprised Milovan Drecun, Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to CSTO PA, and Jasmina Obradovic, member of the standing delegation.
- The Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to CSTO PA Milovan Drecun took part in the meeting of the of CSTO PA Permanent Commission on Political Issues and International Cooperation and the working meeting of the heads of the parliamentary delegations of CSTO member countries to OSCE PA, on 15 and 16 April 2015, in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation.
- National Assembly Deputy Speaker Veroljub Arsic participated in the meeting of the CSTO PA Council as an observer, on 15 and 16 April 2015, in Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation.
- The National Assembly’s standing delegation took part in the CSTO PA session, 26-28 November 2014, in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. The delegation comprised Head of the standing delegation Milovan Drecun and delegation members Jasmina Obradovic and Momir Stojanovic.
- National Assembly Deputy Speaker Veroljub Arsic took part in the CSTO PA Council meeting on 6 November 2014, in Moscow, Russian Federation, as an observer.
- The members of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the CSTO PA took part in the sixth plenary session of the CSTO Parliamentary Assembly, on 28 November 2013, in St. Petersburg. The National Assembly’s delegation comprised MPs Milovan Drecun, Head of the delegation, and Jovan Palalic, delegation member.
- The Head of the National Assembly’s standing delegation to the CSTO PA, Milovan Drecun and delegation member Jovan Palalic took part in the session of the CSTO PA Council on 8 October 2013, in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
- The National Assembly Speaker, MA Nebojsa Stefanovic took part in the meeting of the Parliamentary Assembly of the Organization of the Collective Security Treaty on 11 April 2013, in St. Petersburg. The meeting was attended by the Head and member of the delegation, Dr Milovan Drecun and Jovan Palalic, respectively.
List of MPs
|MP's full name||Political party||Hometown||Age|
|SPS||Novi Sad, Sremska Kamenica||1967.|
|SNS||Novi Sad, Futog||1961.|