Thursday, 30 August 2018

33rd Sitting of the Subcommittee for Monitoring the Agricultural Situation in the Marginal - Most Undeveloped Areas in the Republic of Serbia

At the sitting held on 30 August, the members of the Subcommittee for Monitoring the Agricultural Situation in the Marginal - Most Undeveloped Areas in the Republic of Serbia discussed the development of viticulture in the least developed areas.


Subcommittee Chairman Milija Miletic said that viticulture is a very important branch of agriculture which needs to be developed because Serbia’s fertile soil should be utilized in full, not least for vineyards. The 50,000 ha of vineyards recorded by 2012, after 2012 became 22,150 ha and field inspection noted that a great many of the registered vineyards no longer existed. Grape growing could be a big developmental chance for the underdeveloped areas, especially with the help of Government subsidies to be secured by the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management for vine grafts and other modern grape growing technology.

Miletic said that one hectare of land under vineyards would require 40,000 EUR, adding that 75% of the grape grown is used for the production of wine, while the remaining 25% is for consumption.

Representative of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Management Jelena Kuzmanovic informed the members of the Subcommittee about the completed zoning of winegrowing locations in Serbia based on geographical, climate and soil characteristics which is used for the establishment of geographical designation of wine, grapes and other vine products. Jelena Kuzmanovic said that all wine produced in Serbia contains geographical indications in line with EU rules and principles. Serbia has three wine growing regions, 22 zones and 77 vineyards.

The officials agreed that the branch should continue to be subsidized, especially the planting and cultivation of new vines in areas not fully suited to winegrowing.

The sitting was chaired by Subcommittee Chairman Milija Miletic, and attended by Subcommittee members and deputy members Nada Lazic, Dalibor Radicevic, Zarko Bogatinovic and Mladen Lukic.



Previous month Next month
M T W T F S S
27 28 29 30 31 1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 1
wednesday, 26 february
  • 10.30 - sitting of the Committee on Constitutional and Legislative Issues (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 3)

  • 11.00 - the members of the PFG with the United Arab Emirates meet with the UAE Ambassador to Serbia (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, hall 2)

Full event calendar