31 May 2012 legislature
Parliamentary friendship groups are Assembly bodies that can be established in the National Assemblyfor the purpose of voluntary improvement of relations and cooperation of out country with other countries. When a parliamentary friendship group is established, mutually expressed interest in cooperation between Parliaments represents the staring point.
When an MP wishes to create a parliamentary friendship group, he/she submits an application to the Speaker of the National Assembly. The Foreign Affairs Committee makes a decision on the establishment, and selects a Head and members of parliamentary friendship groups; approves decisions on the exchange of visits with parliamentary friendship groups of representative bodies of other countries, and keeps a record of membership.
- A delegation of the Federal Republic of Germany, headed by Maria Flachsbarth, Member of the German Bundestag, visited the National Assembly on 21 November 2013 and met with the members of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Germany.
- Lord Speaker of the UK House of Lords, Baroness Frances D’Souza, visited the National Assembly where she met with the Parliamentary Friendship Group with the UK, on 24 September 2013.
- A delegation of the French Senate’s Western Balkans Friendship Group headed by Jean Pierre Michel, Group member following the cooperation with Serbia, visited Serbia on 16 and 17 September and on the occasion met, separately, at the National Assembly, with the members of the Committee on Kosovo-Metohija and Borislav Stefanovic, Head of the Democratic Party Parliamentary Group, on 17 September 2013.
- A delegation of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Hungary, comprising Prof. Dr Snezana Bogosavljevic Boskovic, the PFG Head and members Konstantin Arsenovic, Arpad Fremond and Oto Kismarton, visited the Hungarian Parliament in Budapest, from 5 to 7 June 2013.
- An Indonesian parliamentary delegation, headed by Marzuki Alie, Speaker of the Indonesian House of Representatives, visited Serbia from 4 to 8 June 2013 and on the occasion met with the members of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Indonesia, on 4 June 2013.
- A delegation of the Hungarian Parliament’s Committee on Immunities, Incompatibility and Mandate, headed by its Chairman Dr György Rubovszky, spoke today, at the National Assembly House, with Prof. Dr Snezana Bogosavljevic Boskovic, Head of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Hungary, and the PFG members, on 9 May 2013.
- A delegation of the German Bundestag headed by Andreas Schockenhoff, Deputy Chairman of the CDU/CSU Parliamentary Group, met with Vesna Markovic, Head of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Germany, and other MPs, at the residence of the German Embassy in Belgrade, on 9 April 2013.
- A delegation of the UK Parliamentary Friendship Group with Serbia visited the National Assembly and on the occasion met, separately, with the Head of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with the UK Dijana Vukomanovic and PFG members, and Milos Aligrudic, Chairman, and the members of the Foreign Affairs Committee, on 14 March 2013.
- Dragomir Karic, the Head of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Belarus, visited the Republic of Belarus, Minsk, as part of a state delegation of the Republic of Serbia, from 11 to 13 March 2013.
- Stefan Zankov, the Head of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Bulgaria, took part in the celebrations of the 135th anniversary of Bulgaria’s liberation, in Sofia, on 2 and 3 March 2013.
- Efthymios Karanasios, the Head of the Hellenic Parliament’s Parliamentary Friendship Group with Serbia, met, at the National Assembly, with Miroljub Stojcic, the Head, and the members of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Greece, on 13 February.
- A delegation of the Finnish Parliament’s European Affairs Grand Committee headed by the Grand Committee Chair, Miapetra Kumpula-Natri had separate meetings, at the National Assembly, with Dragan Sormaz, Head of the Parliamentary Friendship Group with Finland, and the members of the Foreign Affairs Committee, on 1 February 2013.
8th legislature – PARLIAMENTARY FRIENDSHIP GROUPS – ACTIVITIES
Parliamentary friendship group - Bulgaria
|MP's full name||Political party||Hometown||Age|
|ZANKOV STEFAN (Head)||SNS||Zajecar||1976.|
11.00 - press conference of MPs Sandra Bozic and Snezana Paunovic (National Assembly House, 13 Nikola Pasic Square, Central Hall)